Copyright means the exclusive right to do & authorise
to do certain acts in relation to artistic, literary,
dramatic, musical works, cinematographic film, sound
recording and software.
basically, Copyright means the right to copy or reproduce
the work in which Copyright subsits.
Copyright vests in original work in whatever form
it may be, i. e. , literary, artistic, etc. . the
registration of Copyright in india is not mandatory
but useful in courts where civil and / or criminal
proceeding can be taken to protect it.
FOR FILING THE COPYRIGHT APPLICATION IN INDIA
- Full name, address and nationality of applicant(s) &
that of author.
- The year & country of first publication of the work.
- List of countries where the work has been published
& the year of publication.
- The year & the country of last publication.
- Six copies of the work, if published else three copies.
FOR THE GRANT OF COPYRIGHT
- The application is examined by the Copyright Office
and objections, if any, are raised thereto.
- The Certificate is issued by the Copyright Office after
the objections, if any, are removed to the satisfaction
of the department.
In case of labels which can be used as Trade Mark,
first of all the clear Copyright search certificate
has to be received from the Trade Mark Office and
only thereafter application for Copyright can be filed
in the Copyright Office.
60 YEARS after the death of author.